Toobuilder

Well Known Member
I now have the HS-34 up and running and flew it this evening. Noticed that the backlight blinks on and off randomly. It's on for a second, then off for 5; on for a second, then off for 10... No pattern to it. Does not seem vibration related. All other functions seem OK - it's isolated to the backlight only. Before I do the obvious and open it back up to shake wires, loose grounds, etc, just thought I'd see if anyone has been through this before.

Auto or manual

The back light for the HS34 much like the AP74 I believe is tied to the main EFIS brightness control. If you have that in Auto it might be getting light reflections that cause it to adjust. I would try manually setting the brightness and see what happens.

It has been a while so I might be wrong but I did a flight the other night and I always manually adjust the EFIS and the lights on the HS34 and AP74 adjust with the EFIS.

Cheers
Miike

I can check that, but I thought the light sensor was the only option on the HS-34 (no manual control). To that, you have the ability to control the D-10 screen through the sensor (auto dimming is something I want).

That said, I did try placing my thumb over the light sensor and it didn't seem to make any change in the behavior.

I can check that, but I thought the light sensor was the only option on the HS-34 (no manual control). To that, you have the ability to control the D-10 screen through the sensor (auto dimming is something I want).

That said, I did try placing my thumb over the light sensor and it didn't seem to make any change in the behavior.

Michael

I am running mine from a D180 so there might be some differences. Good luck.

Cheers

Behavior is still there, but it's obviously tied to the light sensor: In bright daylight, all is well. As soon as it gets a little darker however, such as a late afternoon/early evening deal, the backlight pops on, then ratchets down to minimum and starts over again. It seems to "hunt" in this sunlight condition. Strange.