prkaye

Well Known Member
It appears that the only calibration procedure for the horizon in the Dynon D-180 is for the pitch (you set this in level flight). However, it seems my horizon is slightly off in roll. When I am in level flight the horizon appears slightly canted to one side. I'm sure this is due to installation (not sitting exactly parallel to the lateral axis of the airplane) and may be correctable by physically shimming the unit in its tray. But I'm surprised that there does not seem to be a calibration procedure that lets you level the airplane and then zero the roll of the displayed horizon. Is there such a procedure that I have just not seen in the installation manual?

Nope...I had same problem in prior aircraft (Velocity) when I installed a D100. I called Dynon--there is no method to adjust, you must actually move the unit.

I had the same problem prior to flight.

It was showing right wing down - i.e. the horizon line was lower at the left.....

Before flight, I updated the firmware, still the same.

After 5 hours, it seems fine - weird !

However I now find that the Dynon altimeter is 200 feet out compared to the clockwork one which is correct to airport altitude at the beginning of the flight but 'catches up' after 30 minutes or so.

Who said these fancy gizmos were great :confused: