Experimental Chaos

Well Known Member
Just needed a place to say wha-hoo, I got one of the Dynon hand-held radios for about $30 less than I bid! Can?t wait for it to arrive in the mail!

Count me in. How do you know when it will arrive? I don't think I got a shipping confirmation or tracking number at all.

Count me in. How do you know when it will arrive? I don't think I got a shipping confirmation or tracking number at all.

I called and they are shipped by UPS. I got an invoice confirmation number when I paid the money on-line via the link in the e-mail announcement.

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Now I wish I had put in a bid, because I need to add a handheld to my flight bag...

I got one too! Sounds like it should be an excellent deal with all the accessories they are including. Hopefully this is a great start to building a panel mount radio for the skyview!!!

-david

Dynon Radio

I undershot the bid, Thank the good lord my wife went higher, So who bid the 156.10 that set the price, and can I bid on a skyview system next. I see it billed out on the c.c. today so I guess its on its way.:)
Bob

But you see... If you were to bid on a SkyView system, you would pay way too much. We decided long ago to make that one easy on you. :)

Nick

I received my Radio today!!! Excellent quality throughout. Appears to be a very good product at a very good price. Thanks for all the accessories as well, cant beat it!

PS. Living 60 miles from dynon helps with the next day shipping :)

-david

Mine arrived last Friday. Nice product, straightforward operation. Intuitive and easy to use right out of the box.

Anyone order an extra radio?

I know this is a long shot...... but if by chance someone ordered an extra radio or ends up not needing/wanting the radio they ordered, I'd be interested in purchasing one. :D Please PM me if so. Thanks.

It's hard not to feel left out. My bid fell just a few bucks short, sadly. However, I don't use my old Icom A-20 as it is, so I couldn't justify spending money on something that I really won't use and deprive one of you wonderful people who really wanted one from realizing your dreams.

You're welcome. :D

I know this is a long shot...... but if by chance someone ordered an extra radio or ends up not needing/wanting the radio they ordered, I'd be interested in purchasing one. :D Please PM me if so. Thanks.

Pm sent I have an extra bid that was accepted and you are welcome to it. Im waiting on the radio from my other bid.

I would like to throw my name in the hat if anyone happens to have an extra as well. Please pm if you would like to sell.

Radio handheld. I find easier with keyboard in the middle.

Want a sensible radio DESIGN. My experience with a handheld with the key board at the bottom of the radio is NOT a one hand radio while flying. Here's what happened to me. Crossing the Cascades Mts at 10.5 and lose the alternator. Lite chop and I grab my handheld which had the key board at the the bottom and tried to punch in the frecq'y WHILE TRYING TO HOLD THE RADIO in my righthand with chop. Dropped it twice! Finally took my lefthand off the controls to hold the radio while I punched in the frecg'y with the righthand. When I got to my destination (my Home airport) I put it up for sale and BOUGHT A Handheld with the bottons in the center. Just one more distraction that I could live without. Don't believe me,try it the next time you are at avionics store. You want to make your cockpit as safe as possible. You may be the one who can punch in the buttons with your hand going up & down in chop and that low botton radio maybe just fine for you. Compare the two styles in the same test. YOU Be safe.
Ron in Oregon

Last edited:
Pm sent I have an extra bid that was accepted and you are welcome to it. Im waiting on the radio from my other bid.

I would like to admit I MADE A MISTAKE. I bid on the handheld twice. My first bid I felt was low, so I used my other email from my phone to make a higher bid I felt would get myself in the top 100, allowing me to get a radio. I got a response to both email addresses that I was in the top 100. I then saw someone here wanted a radio so I offered my second bid to that person. I asked nothing for it, never considered when I made 2 bids both would be accepted, I thought I was doing the right thing by offering it thus not leaving Dynon with a radio so I offered it to someone. I tried to call the Dynon person handling the radios { I got their voicemail}to explain my intentions were not to make a profit, drive up the price or cause any problems because I think some felt those were my intentons, they were not. I just wanted a radio. We are going all Dynon in our plane and anxiously await the panel mount radio from Dynon. My apologies first to Doug For using his site to allow my second bid to be used. To the person I PM'ed and building their hopes. To Dynon for the Mistake by me making two bids.

small size

Ron,
I have smaller hands, and find that my Dynon radio is small enough that I can hold it between my index finger and my middle finger, and use my thumb to work the buttons. Of course, that?s just sitting here in the recliner without any turbulence or distractions. With its small size, it means the buttons are a bit close together, but workable for me at least. It also has a belt clip, and you may be able to find something to clip it on making it easier to use. For me, the small size means I am more likely to have it handy, I?ve only played with it in the house, but I?m very impressed with its features, and feel.

You know Mike, Dynon surely makes great things and expect this radio to be no less in quality. Yea my fingers are a little fatter it sounds like. I know its always go to throw out the variables you know. The radio looks great! Enjoy.
Ron in Oregon