nbachert

Well Known Member
Patron
I have a complete dynon panel. I'm sure someone has completed this before and so I was wondering if you have any diagrams, pictures, and approximate wire length totals of each type that you used. I'm also toying with the idea of a vpx. I'm just about done with the canopy but my engine is on back order so I figured I would get started on this. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Nick

If you are considering a VPX then you have already decided GO WITH IT! It is fantastic, the versatility it gives you is incredible and it cleans the panel up nicely, no circuit breakers! Oh ya and wiring it is a sinch. I love it and would never go back to normal breakers.

Get the VP-X. Makes wiring everything very easy. Get several of the skyview network hubs. I had similar ones fabricated (makerplane has the info) and used them all over to interconnect the skyview networks and autopilot servos. You can get away with buying just one of the autopilot harnesses and cutting it up to get to both servos. Lots of photos on my website.

Although I did not use the VPX I did use dual displays and two hubs.
I wired my ADAHRS on a self made rack behind the baggage bulkhead mounted to the top stringers away from any other wires. That and the auto pilot servos tie into one hub then I only run one set of wires up to the hub mounted on the sub panel. I used Aveo LED for strobes and Nav's and eliminated a lot of wires and weight over other installations.
I used Custom Design power Panel which worked great.
I have many pictures, but the Dynon install Manuals are good. One thing they suggested which is different than what is in the book is when you wire up the GPS receivers to both Dynon's utilizing different serial setup so if one GPS receiver goes out you still have GPS on the displays.

I am saving my pennies for the ADS-B but will install the antenna very shortly and have everything wired.

It is truly amazing flight suite. I have spent over 30 hours sitting,reading and playing with the displays and can not wait to fly with them.. They are actually more capable than the EFIS displays we have in either of our corporate aircraft.

My only hope is that Dynon certifies the GPS receivers like they just did with the Transponders making them TSO compliant for the ADS-B. Then One could be IFR certified with out a VOR installed. Or having to buy a Garmin unit. The GPS receivers are WAAS but not certified.

June 1st we get a great upgrade to the Skyview's.

Smilin' Jack

Last edited:
If you are considering a VPX then you have already decided GO WITH IT! It is fantastic, the versatility it gives you is incredible and it cleans the panel up nicely, no circuit breakers! Oh ya and wiring it is a sinch. I love it and would never go back to normal breakers.

I agree completely. I hate working with breakers, busses, etc after working with the VP. You will be glad you did.