RV7ator

Well Known Member
What is 5.1's status? It's no longer "early 2009" for release. One reason I went with Dynon vs. Tru Trak is the promise of using nav signals for the autopilot.

John Siebold

D10A 5.1 A/P fm GPS

I thought the units currently shipping did that now? Talked to Dynon folks at Sun N Fun. About to find out as I should have a new D10A Wed, and will post answer.

5.0 is the only version available on Dynon's website; it's GPS only. 5.1's supposed to bring in vor/nav (the other half of the nav/comm most of us don't use much anymore).

John Siebold

5.0 is the only version available on Dynon's website; it's GPS only. 5.1's supposed to bring in vor/nav (the other half of the nav/comm most of us don't use much anymore).

I'm looking forward to the release of 5.1 as it will allow the AP to track a localizer.

5.1 is in the final stages of beta testing. It took a bit longer than we expected, but it also includes some neat, unannounced features. We expect it out around the end of the month.

As mentioned, it does support flying a VOR and localizer, as well as adding full GPS steering support from compatible panel mounted GPS units. Tracking a VOR without needing a GPS, DG, or other external equipment like the competition does is a bit tricky!

Last edited: