prkaye

Well Known Member
I wired up my EGT/CHT probes and harness supplied by Dynon today. To test it, I've been putting an ohmeter to the various connections. When I UNPLUG the terminal connections to the probes, each terminal appears to be connected properly to the corresponding pin on the harness (using resistance check). HOWEVER, when I actually connect up the probes and do this resistance check by probing at a bare spot on the terminal against the pins on the harness. When the probees are installed, each terminal seems to have a few ohms resistance (between 2 and 15 depending on which pair) with EVERY pin on the harness. I'm not sure if i'm explaining this well.... basically when the probes are connected, there seems to be electrical conductivity of varying amounts between any pair of pin/termanals, and even between the pins themselves.
Is this to be expected? It seems strange to me, but I'm no electronics expert.

I found that sometimes the pins do not fit tightly. My solution was to very lightly squeeze (crimp would be far too strong a word) the female connectors. After doing this, you can feel a difference in the pressure required to seat the connectors, and the connections were resistance-free.