X21RV6A

I purchased an RV6 with 0360-A1A and dual Slick Mags and a Grandrapids EMS. I recently upgraded the GRS to a Dynon EMS-10 and used all the GRS sensors and all worked well except that I only had RPM on the Left side. This appears to be a standard RV issue as buddy has a 6 with 0320 and GRS with RPM on just left side. I followed the Dynon installation instructions and installed the 30ohm resister on the #33 pin (Right RPM Dynon) and attached to the Right side of the ACS keyed switch. The #32 (Left Pickup Dynon) was already attached to the Grandrapids so didn't do anything additional with it. I did a run up and on both mags good display of RPM, switched to Left mag, RPM displayed and did notice 70 drop in RPM, switched to Right and no drop in RPM on Dynon, but engine began to miss like it was only running on half of the right mag. Switched back to Left and ran fine. Removed the Right pickup from the switch and ran fine on Left, Right and both. Not sure what is going on here or what the original GRS left RPM lead is attached to? Thinking I may need to attach 30 ohm resister to Left pickup from Dynon and attach directly to the ACS switch along with the right side? Any suggestions welcome.:confused:

It is suppose to be a 30K ohm resistor (30,000) not a 30 ohm resistor (30). If you are using a 30 you run the risk of grounding the mag and burning up the input on the Dynon.

30K Resister

My typo....used the 30K ohm resister that came with the Dynon so this is not a factor.