rv7guy2

:confused:

I have a question about hooking up my Dynon EFIS D-100 to my Garmin GTX 327 Transpoder to let the transponder read altitude from the EFIS. Does anyone know which pin on the back of the transponder to hook the Dynon to? If I read the manuals correctly, it's pin 19 on the connector block of the Gramin transponder. Is that correct ? Right now ATC is getting a"1200" code hit but cannot read altitude. I am surrounded on 3 sides by class "C" airpsace and need an altitude read or else ATC won't let me into their airspace.

Dave

Don't have the Garmin manual 327 at home, it's at the hangar. As a quick check, make sure you have selected Icarus format for the Garmin. It is option 4 and you have to go into the Garmin set up routine to do this. If I can remember, I'll look at the Garmin manual while at the airport today to verify the correct pin.

Also, the GTX327 will display the altitude it is receiving from the encoder and reporting to ATC so until you see an altitude appearing on the display panel of the GTX there is no need to test with ATC. This assumes the GTX is configured to display the altitude and also note it will be rounded to the nearest hundreds of feet.