C-GTDP

I am running full blown SV on my RV9, but am assisting a friend with the older Dynon EFIS/EMS displays, redoing his avionics with dual radio and an PS audio panel. He wants the audio output from the Dynon's into the Audio Panel. My question, each unit has a separate audio output, pin 18 on the EFIS and pin 31 from the EMS( I think). Do I wire both these separately? Only one? Will he get both flight and engine audio output?

Depending on which audio panel he has, he could run each Dynon audio output to an un-switched input. The PMA5000EX for example has three un-switched inputs.

The only sound the EFIS will make is AOA warning sounds. If he does not use the AOA function, there is no reason to connect it. If you do want to connect em both, don't just tie them together, run each one to a 100ohm resistor and then tie the two resistors together on the other end and connect that to the single audio input.

Last edited:
Thanks, if the only thing the EFIS 'announces' is AOA, what alerts does the EMS announce. Maybe I only need to hook up one unit.

All the EMS alarm tones. To get voice alerts, you need an HS34 or AP74. I would definitely hook up the EMS line.

If the two head units are wired together so you can share data and screens between them, I think the audio might be the same on both outputs... So you'd only need to wire one of them into the audio panel anyway. Check the Dynon manual, I'm fairly sure it covers this.

If the two head units are wired together so you can share data and screens between them, I think the audio might be the same on both outputs... So you'd only need to wire one of them into the audio panel anyway. Check the Dynon manual, I'm fairly sure it covers this.

Does not work that way. Even with the D180, the EFIS and EMS audio outputs are two different outputs. If you have an HS34 or AP74 however, they can serve up audio from both units over the network.