Tram

Well Known Member
Anyone know the spec's on this thing? What kind of battery is it? Nimh? Nicd?

How big is the backup battery location?

It's a 4 cell lithium ion battery, 2200 mAh. It has an internal protection circuit that provides individual cell protection, as well as over charge, under charge, and overcurrent protections in case anything goes wrong in the D180. In normal conditions, the D180 manages it and keeps it charged.

The door for the battery is on the side of the D180. The battery fits inside.

The battery will last at least 2 hours running the D180 and an average load of sensors.

Guess

From memory the battery length is almost the width of the D180, and for height and width, I'd say the access door is 1 1/2 by 3/4.

Just from recent memory....

The battery is approximately 19mm x 37mm x 132mm. It's no secret since you can tell just by looking at it that it's four industry standard Li-Ion batteries, in a 2x2 configuration.

It sounds like you are trying to make your own battery. If you are, we really suggest you do not. These are Lithium Ion batteries, which can and do catch on fire when not treated properly. This is why we have a whole custom protection circuit right on the battery so we have multiple backups to anything going wrong.

We've tried to price our battery fairly given what it costs us to build /design and the relatively low volumes we sell things in.

I have been giving it some thought. I've built hundreds of lithium ion and lithium polymer packs from individual cells. They do go boom when treated, especially charged improperly.

I'm sure I'll buy one of your packs since it does have the circuitry involved.

I love manufacturer replies. Thank you!