lr172

Well Known Member
I have a D120 in my 6A. I had problems with my initial VDO sensor and replaced it with the Kavlico 15 PSI unit. My readings always seemed a tad low, but in the normal range 2.5-5 PSI. I just finished my Bendix FI conversion and installed the Kavlico 0-50 PSI sensor. My problem is the Dynon is registering low. To confirm things, I built a manifold with the pressure line, the Kavlico sensor and a mechanical gauge. Turn on the boost pump and I get 30 PSI on the mechanical and 12 PSI on the Dynon. This was the second time that I confirmed pressure with the mechanical.

I also confirmed that I have 5 volts to the sensor power lead and the ground ohms out at .05 ohms. I turn on the boost pump and the output shows me 2.7 volts, which is right where it should be according to Kavlico documentation. Voltage range is linear from .5 to 4.5 volts. D120 is set to Sensor type 7, which came from Dynon's Addendum. Interestingly, if I set it to #1, which is for the a resistive type sensor, it reads very close to accurate with the pump on. I suppose that I can test this option to see if it tracks closely with the mechanical gauge across it's range.

I am presuming one of two problems. Something has gone afowl in my hardware. It is possible that it has always been reading low and I keep blaming the sensors. Or something is wrong with the software and it is thinking the range is something other than 0-50 PSI.

Has anyone had a problem like this? I called Dynon support, but they were stumped and didn't no where to go with this.

Larry

Last edited: