Hallo,

we recently installed a Dynon D10A in one of our prototypes.

During flight, the airspeed indicator (which showed a rather active behaviour) suddenly froze (usually in the x.5kt position, ie between two integer airspeeds). The backup airspeed indicator (an United Instruments analog gauge) continued to show a change in airspeed while the D10A was fixed (also apparent by the sudden disappearance of the speed trend indicator).

After roughly 1-3s the D10A "caught up" und worked OK - until the next occurance.

This occured during airspeed stabilization, where we try to stabilize the aircraft at a pre-determined airspeed. Suffice to say the airspeed freezing makes the stabilization nearly impossible.

Is this behaviour known and the product defective? Would a recalibration or repair cure this behaviour or is it inherent into the design? Looks like a smoothing function going awry.

Side note: During ground calibration of the airspeed part of the D10A, I was dissapointed to see an instrument error in the low speed range (up to 80kt) of 2kt. Around double the instrument error of the standby analog airspeed indicator.

I would be very interesting to hear some comments and experiances from other users of the D10A.

Thanks,

Thomas

Calibration

Try this first;
There is a airspeed calibration in one of the setup pages.
It must be done in the hangar or a no wind enviroment.
It will reset the airspeed to "0"
If your still having problems it sounds like a return to the factory.

Try this first;
There is a airspeed calibration in one of the setup pages.
It must be done in the hangar or a no wind enviroment.
It will reset the airspeed to "0"
If your still having problems it sounds like a return to the factory.

Or at the very least, call the factory and report the problem.

I've been flying with the unit since 2003 and it has worked quite well.