blueflyer

Well Known Member
Just put in a Val Nav 2000 tied into my Dynon D100 and it works!!!
At first I tried to connect the Val via pin 3 on the D9 connector on the D100. No joy. Then I tried to tie the Val Nav into the line that connects pin22 on the D100 D25 connector to the D9 connector. No joy. Then I tried to connect the Vals R232 ground and then again connect the Val line to the line between the two Dsubs on the D100. No joy.

Finally removed the existing pin in the pin 22 slot on the D100 and put in pin 5 (serial transmit) from the Val. Connected power and ground on the Val and PRESTO!! It works as advertised with the D100!!

Last edited:
spoke too soon

I posted this on the Dynon board too, but maybe some of you guys may have seen this before as well. It receives the VOR and the yellow pointer will point to the VOR. I flew a LOC and ILS approach and they worked fine, except the green arrow was stuck pointing to 360 so I got reverse sensing (was flying the ILS 14 and LOC 14) but the CDI+GS indicator on the attitude indicator showed the correct sensing. I was unable to rotate the green pointer using the Val Nav. I had no option on the D100 under HSI for "Course", therefore no way to rotate green arrow on the D100.

Any thoughts or suggestions about what may be happening and why I cant rotate the OBS? Below is a photo of in flight while tuned to a VOR.

Did you connect the TX of the Dynon to the RX (Input) of the Val?

Did you set the OBS/Resolver setting on the Val to SER for serial input?

Did you set the serial mode on the Val to DIR?

It looks like the Val uses the same protocol as the SL30 on the serial line so it should work if you get all the setting correct.

Keep in mind that the SL30 won't allow changes to the course if it is tuned to a LOC freq. You have to set the course before making the LOC active. The Val may or may not be the same...

I doubt the course button will ever show on the Dynon when there is a NAV flag like that pic.

Last edited: