Geico266

Well Known Member
Dynon D180 OAT Adjustment

How do I adjust the OAT to "F"? All of the other temps are in "F". Is there a seperate menu area for adjusting the OAT? The operating hand book and installation manual are not clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Larry, it makes a difference if the OAT is hooked up to an EFIS or an EMS.

If an EFIS, push a center button to open the menu, then MORE->SETUP->UNITS->MORE->and change CELCUS to FARNHT.

If an EMS, push a center button to open the menu, then MORE->SETUP->GLOBAL->SEL->UNITS. You will see that there are separate selections for ENGINE TEMP and OAT TEMP.

-Dynon

Sorry, I have the Flight Deck 180 currenty in the RV -12. When I push MORE> SETUP, there is no UNITS available to push.

When I push MORE > SETUP > there is no GLOBAL button to push.

Please advise.

FYI, Larry called us today and got this worked out.

On the D180, you need to push the correct button below the EMS screen in order to get EMS setup menus.

FYI, Larry called us today and got this worked out.

On the D180, you need to push the correct button below the EMS screen in order to get EMS setup menus.

Thanks Mike! I called and within 3 minutes Mike had me adjusting the D180 like a pro. I greatly appreciate the great service!

The correct page has to be displayed then you can push button #5 to get to the SETUP >, GLOBAL > sequence of entering the setups. Once you do it it is very intuitive.