jsharkey

Well Known Member
I tried to calibrate my D100 yesterday. I managed to enter Magnetic Inclination (MAGINC) but there was no menu for the magnetic intensity (MAGINT) per the installation instructions. Firm ware is version 1.08 - think. I'm about to update.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Jim Sharkey
RV6 - Nearly there!

Jim,

Update the software before going any further. The current release is 5.0 and can be downloaded from the Dynon web site.

It may ask if you want to back it up, say "Yes". This will take some time but the good news is that around V4 or so they improved the backup routine.

Also, make sure neither your EFIS or PC looses power during the update. This is VERY important.

Mag intensity is only in newer firmwares. We've had it for one or two years, but version 1.08 is a bit older than that ;)

Jim:

There are *LOTS* of new features in the newest firmware, including a new, more modern EFIS presentation (sort of looks like a the G-1000 layout). Too many goodies to mention, but that EFIS has added a ton of new features since 1.08. The best part? All of those new features are FREE. :)

I'm really loving my D-10A. It hasn't skipped a beat since day one.

Jamie

Dynon updates

Lots of good stuff happened when I got the newest firmware loaded in my D100/D120 combination. Communications with True Track is better, and there is a wind arrow!! Very cool. Dynon is on the ball with their updates, and with every installation it seems to work smoother and smoother.
Great product and super good support.

Shameless plug,
Chris

Just loaded Firm Ware 5.0.0. I thought it was 5.0.3 but when I do an ident. I get 5.0.0 - still it's better than 1.0.8

I managed to enter the MAGINT parameter but a couple of things that I still noticed were a half standard rate turn to the right indicated while stationary and I can't get a voltage to register in the internal battery. I tried charging today but still nothing. I know the battery is installed but come to think about it I may not have connected it when I fitted it in the case.:)

Jim Sharkey
Registration AND State Tax Bill arrived today
These guys are good!

Just loaded Firm Ware 5.0.0. I thought it was 5.0.3 but when I do an ident. I get 5.0.0 - still it's better than 1.0.8

I managed to enter the MAGINT parameter but a couple of things that I still noticed were a half standard rate turn to the right indicated while stationary and I can't get a voltage to register in the internal battery. I tried charging today but still nothing. I know the battery is installed but come to think about it I may not have connected it when I fitted it in the case.:)

Jim Sharkey
These guys are good!
Jim,

Put a battery minder on your plane and just wait. When my D100 came back from having the screen updated the internal battery was DEAD and I sent the unit back. It turns out they just plugged the D100 in and left it charging for a day and it came right back. 220+ hours and no problems. Boy did I feel dumb when it was returned and they told me what was wrong. (A button was probably pushed in shipping, which ran the battery down.)

As for the other issues, call Dynon on Monday or search their support forum, the answer might just be on there.

Jim Sharkey
These guys are good!

As I suspected the battery wasn't connected in the case. When I plugged it in this morning I got a healthy 15V+ reading.:)
Jim Sharkey

The turn rate display will most likely go away when you do your first flight. The system is semi-adaptive, and it's possible to teach it wrong things when messing with it on the bench. If your ball is way out when it is 100% level, then that's something we'd need to look at.

Sorry for not making the battery wireless ;)

The turn rate display will most likely go away when you do your first flight. The system is semi-adaptive, and it's possible to teach it wrong things when messing with it on the bench. If your ball is way out when it is 100% level, then that's something we'd need to look at.

Sorry for not making the battery wireless ;)

Thanks again.

The ball is level - and when I shake the aircraft I still marvel at the way it moves like the real one that I mounted under the D100:) Can't wait to fly the thing and see how it really works!

Jim Sharkey