aero_tango

Hi,
I've powered-up my D-180 unit last night for the first time. It booted-up correctly and I did get the normal display after few second. The only concern that I have is there is a faint clicking sound every 5 to 10 seconds....Is this normal?

Mike.

Thanks Alfio

Thanks Alfio for the quick reply.
I should have posted that question on the Ottawa RV group...

Michel
Gatineau, QC

I'm glad it is here!

Thanks Alfio for the quick reply.
I should have posted that question on the Ottawa RV group...

Michel
Gatineau, QC

As a brand new purchaser of a D-180, I'm glad the information was posted here. It probably saved me some anxiety in the not-too-distant future!

RE:Dynon D180

Click according to my Dynon (D120 in my case) source is the unit rebooting. I would think that with out all the wezzies attached it is probably searching like crazy to find them............Also from WIWD............do not have a hot lead (white) cross to one of the potientometer leads (white/green white/blue white/orange) as part of the GP Aileron/elevator/flap monitoring. If you do be prepared to send the unit to Dynon for a fix of electronics that will be fried. I would strongly suggest that when testing your wiring for both the D100/D120/D180.......double/triple and even fourple (is that a word?????) all your connections.

Still waiting for the HS34 and my fixed D120...............then the panel will be DONE.

Frank @sgu RV7A Cowl............fun/fun/fun....NOT:D

The faint clicking is definitely normal. On a quiet morning in the office, I can hear several of them clicking away around me.

The HS34 is very close. You're going to love it Frank. It's a great unit.

Sorry to hear about the wiring issue. You do have to be careful with the trim wiring.

Dave

Click - a good sound

Hi,
I've powered-up my D-180 unit last night for the first time. It booted-up correctly and I did get the normal display after few second. The only concern that I have is there is a faint clicking sound every 5 to 10 seconds....Is this normal?

Mike.

YUP. Tis normal.

Yesterday we upgraded the software in our D100 & 180. I can now foresee the use of my Lowrance GPS to ONLY display route and terrain because the compass, track, and bearing will appear on my D100. NAV from our SL30 will appear on the D180.

AOPA's March 2007 training article claimed that folks who have flown with steam seem to have difficulty changing to glass. Bull!! I may be old, but my transition to glass is gonna take seconds.

Incredibly cool.

Barry - 9A flying soon

Me too

AOPA's March 2007 training article claimed that folks who have flown with steam seem to have difficulty changing to glass. Bull!! I may be old, but my transition to glass is gonna take seconds.

Incredibly cool.

Barry - 9A flying soon

I agree with Barry,
My first solo flight with "glass" was last Sunday in Brian's brand new -4. I've flown steam since 1967 when I started and now have my new Enigma Stratomaster ready to install in place of the 14 gauges in my -6. This unit is too cool in the "Demo" mode with everything working...very intuitive.

Regards,

HS34

"The HS34 is very close. You're going to love it Frank. It's a great unit."

Is the HS34 going to be offered in a horizontal form-factor?

Yes, the HS34 can be ordered horizontal or vertical, and both will ship on day 1. We already have many of both orientations on the shelf.

We are very close to shipping it, just waiting for version 4.0 software beta testing to be finalized.