You dont need the grey code converter to go from the Dynon to the Garmin GTX-327 as the Dynon already outputs the serial code that the GRX-327 can use..

Per the installation manuals...

Per the Dynon D-100 EFIS installation manual Rev. H (Pg 3-8) and Garmin 327 GTX installation manual Rev. J (Para. 2.6.3)

Connect Dynon D-100 Pin 13 to Garmin GTX 327 Pin 19. Ensure both units use the same avionics ground. This will give the transponder all the altitude data it needs for Mode C operation.

If it's designated as a ground wire, I'd ground it anyway.

Probably overkill, but I've generally always used shielded wire to carry the RS-232 serial line between the Dynon and GTX-327. For very short distances this is probably unnecessary, but to help prevent RF interference from inducing errors into a serial data line, either using shielded wire or at least a "twisted pair" is often a good idea.

Smitty,

You may already know this, but when you fire it up and configure the D100, use "Format 4" for the EFIS's encoder setting (its a setup menu selection). When you have it right, the pressure altitude will show on the 327. One of those trivia items that may save a pulled hair or two! (AMHIK ;))

Cheers,
Bob

Per the Dynon D-100 EFIS installation manual Rev. H (Pg 3-8) and Garmin 327 GTX installation manual Rev. J (Para. 2.6.3)

Connect Dynon D-100 Pin 13 to Garmin GTX 327 Pin 19. Ensure both units use the same avionics ground. This will give the transponder all the altitude data it needs for Mode C operation.

I have a small problem (hopefully). My pre-wired GTX 327 wiring harness from Aircraft Spruce doesn't have a wire in the Pin 19 hole. I can't seem to find anything about how to add a wire the 25 pin connector for this. There isn't anything sticking out to solder to. Anybody know what I need here?

If you want to come visit me at Northwest Regional I'll hook you up with a wire and crimped pin that you can install, or bring it with you and I'll do it :D

Yesterday I hooked up the wires between the Dynon D-100 and the Garmin GTX327. Then I set the D-100 to format 4 and the GTX327 to Icarus to receive the data from the D-100. I fired them up and set the D-100 to 29.92 and saw that the altitude is higher on the D-100 than the altitude on the GTX327. Shouldn't they be the same at 29.92?

The resolution is in 100ft increments. There is some rounding that takes place. Maybe this is what you saw?

False alarm. I just checked it again and it looks OK. The altitude gremlins must have been messing with my brain yesterday, or was it that second beer?