AirbusPilot

Well Known Member
I have installed a D-100 and D-120 in my 8, D-100 is connected to pitot, static, remote compass and Garmin 495, the efis use all this information and their internall accelerometters and gyros for attitude indication.

My Efis attitude is not very accurate in roll, on ground when I enter RWY the tight turn make the roll bank and it is remain banked after takeoff for a few minute(arround 5 degrees error). Pitch is always accurate even on aerobatics but roll is not.

I have been flying behing certify glass cockpit for thousand hours and this unit does not bank when you turn the plane on ground.
I like a lot my dynon efis but I would not fly it under IMC.

Is this normal or is a problem with my D-100 I have intalled the latest 5.3 software

Last edited:
I have been flying behing certify glass cockpit for thousand hours and this unit does not bank when you turn the plane on ground.
I like a lot my dynon efis but I would not fly it under IMC.

Let me get this right - you want your EFIS to show bank when you are turning on the ground ?
Why ?
Does your plane bank when you turn on the ground ?

Rainier
CEO MGL Avionics

(Honestly - I'm concened about the certified EFIS you have been flying 1000's of hours behind - if that thing is showing a bank when you do a flat turn on the ground it's ****. Period.)

Last edited:
I think old matey is saying when he makes his turn to line up, the EFIS - instead of showing wings level - shows a bank angle that does not corrospond to the actual aircraft attitude until 5 mins after takeoff.

Let me get this right - you want your EFIS to show bank when you are turning on the ground ?
Why ?
Does your plane bank when you turn on the ground ?

Rainier
CEO MGL Avionics

(Honestly - I'm concened about the certified EFIS you have been flying 1000's of hours behind - if that thing is showing a bank when you do a flat turn on the ground it's ****. Period.)

I think you misunderstood, Rainier. Fernando is noting that the certified glass he flies at work does NOT show a bank when turning on the ground, but his Dynon DOES show a bank when turning on the ground.
I have a Dynon D-100 as a backup EFIS in my airplane and it does not show any bank while turning on the ground. I think there is something wrong with your Dynon, Fernando.

I agree ....

...on calling Dynon.

Fernando, I have the same setup, a D-100 and 120 and have flown them in IMC and during approaches. Nothing to fear if the unit is operating properly...yours is not.

Best,

As everyone has said, this is not normal, so give us a call and we can get it worked out.

One thing to note that would be helpful for us- is the unit saying "GPS assist" when you taxi out?

As everyone has said, this is not normal, so give us a call and we can get it worked out.

One thing to note that would be helpful for us- is the unit saying "GPS assist" when you taxi out?

Hi,

Thank you for answer. I will call you on monday and also I could post an efis video showing what it does on ground. Is very good to heard that my attitude error is not normal, I was hoping to get my 8 certify for IFR but the attitude error (about 20 degrees when turning on ground and 5 degree in flight) was making me think I will need another kind of attitude indicator.

BTW I have never saw on ground or flight the message "GPS assist"

Last edited:

If this is not normal, have you ever had this kind of problem with other units???

Do you think is a software problem??? or I should send it back to USA, I hope not because that cost a lot of time and money from Chile (specially with our custom:mad:)

I will post a video of my efis D-100 tomorrow when I go back to Chile;)