WVM

Well Known Member
The second screen of a dual Dynon setup gets no GPS, COM and transponder signal from time to time. We switched screen 1 and 2 to check the cabling, and the problem remains with the slave device. It started after the last update to version 13.0.3.3230. Yesterday I noticed that some reported the same issue after the update: http://dynonavionics.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1447757369

We contacted Dynon support last week and they asked to check correct wiring of RS-232 serial devices or send the device back for investigation. The cabling should not be the issue as we did the test with switching the screens. We prefer to wait with sending it back to the US as we except that it is a software issue and want to avoid an expensive shipping bill (for nothing).

Is this a known issue with you? Any solutions?

Hi,

Just tried to reapply the update. It succeeded with the problem remains. We also see that the second unit is way slower in the startup.

Thanks

I have noted another bug in the latest software. If you make a Flight Plan that goes from one airport to another and then back to the original airport, the system creates a path off the continent. By adding just one more point in the FP the bug goes away.

AFS software included?

Ever since upgrading my AFS 5600 dual screens, my second screen seems to be having hiccups. On the ground, the display has restarted numerous times. At first, I get odd warnings like every possible red annunciation box shows up...then the screen restarts. This started after updating to the latest software version 12.03.03-MV16. I'm addressing a few other issues before I dive into this one so maybe it's unrelated to the software...but since it began after the update, I'm suspicious.