smokenjoe50

I am done with the build and was wanting to know where I missed the steps to install the backup battery for the dynon.

Thanks in advance

Is this what you are asking?

I have a D100 & a D180 and on both of those units the battery sits inside the case. You should see a small door held on with tiny screws. Remove the door, insert the battery that Dynon sells, and it will charge up in a few hours.

The steps to install the backup battery are NOT in the RV-12 plans. Install it per the Dynon installation manual.

Dynon

Marty is correct. In fact there should be one in your Dynon box already charged for about an hour and a half.

Missing harness wiring...

The title on this thread seemed perfect for my issue.

I just bought a Dynon D10A, backup battery, remote compass and finally the install harness built by SteinAir. All this was ordered thru Aircraft spruce. So when the box arrived, I unpacked it was sooo excited to try it out. So I naturally thought I would hook up the battery and see if the unit would turn on. Well, there is NOT a connector on the end of the harness to connect to the battery. :(

Confused, I was forced to read the manual.... and there it was on page 3-3 of the EFIS-10DA installation dated May, 2009. It says "Not wired in Dynon harness". I am naturally disappointed that this piece is missing.

So this is mostly a post to make others aware that there is something missing from the harness.... assuming you want to use the battery. The harness is nice and the stein folks seem to have done a nice job. The only thing I can come up with, is that the battery backup option is not very popular.

Is that an external battery you are refering to? Not the one internal to the Dynon refered to in appendix F.

Opps...

Thanks Andy. I was really hoping to be the next guy to post.... I kept reading. On page 7-35 is the answer. The battery goes on the inside. I am so embarrassed and hope a moderator will delete my posts as soon as possible. :p

Thanks !

Actually, you were double checking me, and didn't know it. I knew one went inside, but had not given any thought to the optional external type. Thank you for making me aware of it.

Questions are OK, you will have many.

I have the batt backup in my D100 and D180. Make sure you read the section on the removal of the "keep alive" wire.

Unless you are very familiar with glass panels, I suggest you read both manuals thru and thru before starting. This is a feature rich device and you will have questions.

There are several people who post here who have installed Dynon.

Yes, Stein does a good job.