flyenforfun

Well Known Member
Has anyone else had this problem? I have the Skyview system with the Dynon autopilot servos. The pitch servo will hold altitude, but will not climb or descend to a set altitude. For example, if I am at 6k ft and I dial in 8k feet, it will just continue to hold around 6k, maybe creep up or down 100 ft or less. Now the weird part is if I set pitch to rate of climb instead of altitude, it will climb and descend then. Any ideas?

With many autopilots, you set the altitude "bug" and then tell it how to get there by pressing a VS button which sets your vertical speed or a FLC button which sets climb airspeed. If all you do is set the altitude button, it shouldn't do anything.

In reading the manual, it seems that Dynon has a default vertical speed mode. You may want to check your autopilot set up to see what you have as your default vertical speed. I'd look at all of your settings first.

Your default VS is set to zero!

I bet your default VS is set to zero or close to it. Your choices in pitch are default or VS. When you switch to VS and set the bug it's letting it climb. Set you default to 300ft or so and try again.