KentuckyMike

Well Known Member
Last week I ordered the Dynon D10A, AP74. pitch & roll servos with install kits. I also ordered the wiring harness for the D10A. Everything should arrive the first of the week. I think the harness will cover the D10A but now I am wondering if I need more wiring.

Specifically, I think only a connector kit comes with the AP74 but what about the servo wiring. Does the servo installation kit come with any wiring? I guess I should have asked when I ordered everything. I noticed Stein Air has servo wire advertised which got me to thinking I probably need some.

My plan was to bring most of the wiring to terminal strips under right seat as I am adding Tosten grips at the same time.

I would just like to get an order in now if I need additional things. Any help from some one who has been here already would certainly be helpful. :)

You will need the wire. It is my understanding that the bundle that Stein offers works well.

Keep in mind that if you are going to install wire that is forward compatible to the next gen Dynon system, you will need two more wires than the minimum required today. This is for the redundant DASB lines that is promised in the next gen system.

The Stein bundle has enough wires for the future so that is what I am installing....

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks Brian,

I sort of thought I would need additional wiring after looking at things.

Thanks for the tip about the extra two wires. I did see on the wiring diagram that currently those two extra wires are unused but didn't see the note about future expansion.

I guess I'll do an order today.

Thanks.