ErichKeane

Well Known Member
Hi all-
I just installed the autopilot on 331RV tonight, and realized that the writing on the face seems to be sideways! Were we shipped the incorrect version, or what? I've seen the AP on a few other images (as well as teh shipping paperwork) which shows the printing in the correct orientation.
5184137538_1fc0ce90ea.jpg

Yep, you got the wrong version. Call Van's or Dynon and see what they want to do.

BTW, the only difference between the two units is the labeling.

Would you believe - we figured you would be flying aerobatics and that the horizontal module would be better while doing wing-overs? :)

Please contact us at [email protected], 425-402-0433, and we will swap that for a vertical one.

-Robert
Dynon Marketing

Thanks all! I called and was directed to tech support, and left a message. Hopefully they'll call back soon enough.

-Erich

Well Mike got back to me (despite my iPhone dropping calls like they were hot potatoes) and I'm sending the unit back, and he'll send me a replacement.

I'm a little surprised that this is a problem that has to happen more than once. It seems to me that both Dynon and Vans know the orientation and ought to know which version we need.

There is an explanation. This happened to several units within one batch of AP74s we shipped to Vans. They had shipped out that batch to customers before we first found out. There was no easy way to identify who received which unit.

-Robert
Dynon Marketing