alpinelakespilot2000

Well Known Member
For those of you with A200's or A210's, can you comfirm the following:

My Dynon EFIS and EMS audio warnings can go to pins C, D, or 3 (the auxiliary audio inputs 1, 2, and 3) on the Icom, correct?

Thanks for the help! I'm approaching the end-stage of panel wiring!!! (Unless the panel blows up when I test it! :eek:)

Steve,

That is exactly how I wired my A200.

Here is a picture:

The only change I have made was to pull the pin out of the D100 and plug it into the AP74. The AP74 puts out audio warnings for anything on the DSAB buss (D100 EFIS, D10 EMS, AP, etc.)

Thanks Bill. I'm assuming that you just used the unshielded Dynon wires and, therefore, there was no reason to use the auxiliary audio ground pin (#4) on the Icom? (The Icom manual shows #4 being used to ground the shields of all three auxiliary audio feeds.)

Thanks again for the idea to go directly to the radio rather than the intercom.

Steve

... I'm assuming that you just used the unshielded Dynon wires and, therefore, there was no reason to use the auxiliary audio ground pin (#4) on the Icom? (The Icom manual shows #4 being used to ground the shields of all three auxiliary audio feeds.)...
Steve,

Not only did I not use the audio ground and unshielded wires on my Dynon, my Sigtronics 200S intercom came with unshielded wires and it works great.

When I first powered everything up back when the plane was still in my basement, the strobes sounded like strobes. Once I grounded the power pack and shielding for the strobe lights at the power pack, the noise went away. Initially I had run ground wires from the power pack all the way forward to the common ground block on the inside of the firewall. I think this worked like a really good antenna and was broadcasting the strobe discharge. By removing those wires and grounding the strobes back at the power pack the problem was solved. (The fuselage looked kind of funny with the strobes and position lights stuck on the side where the wings would eventually go.)

BTW, the strobe wires are not grounded out at the lights but rather the grounds are run back to that single ground at the power pack.

Last edited:
Multiple stereo input into Sigtronics 200S

Bill,

How did you wire the multiple stereo inputs into the 200S intercom? Looking at the installation instructions, there is only one stero input position.

Bill,

How did you wire the multiple stereo inputs into the 200S intercom? Looking at the installation instructions, there is only one stero input position.
Brice,

Click on the image I posted above. You will notice that I have one input jack and two plugs. That will allow you to swap between inputs.

For the record, I have never plugged the 496 into the 200S. I didn't see the need to spend even a few more $$$ on XM radio and have been using my iPod for audio in. The down side is you lose the audio warnings from the 496.

That said, I did some research and iCom said you can take the audio out (not stereo) from the 496 and wire it to their radio. (Garmin does not recommend this because they said they can't guarantee the results.) It should work and provide the audio warnings.

If you want to connect two items to the 200S stereo inputs, you can probably buy a stereo balance control and wire both units into the intercom. I have it on good authority (From a former stereo designer) that this should work.

I have not done any of these mods because I'm happy with the way my setup currently works. That and I hate laying on my back working under the panel.