Coling955

I've just fitted pitch and roll SV32 servos to my 7 with its existing FlightDek 180 and AP74 controller. All seems to be set up nicely prior to flight testing. To save some trial and error, I wondered what torque and sensitivity settings fellow 7 owners have used? So far I have set it all up with the Dynon default settings. Thanks in anticipation.

I would leave it at the default settings with torque at 100% to start with. Usually it doesn't need any adjustment.

What holes are you in on the Servos?

I just switched mine to the center holes on the servos for more torque, I was on the outside hole. The inner hole does not give you enough movement, but the center is perfect. I've upped the sensitivity a bit on my 6, but like Jesse says start out with default.

I'll give you my 2 cents also on the Dynon autopilot in an RV. What I notice is that since the RVs have such a broad speed range it is hard to have the autopilot set for the entire range. For example, if you set everything right for your cruise speed your good for cruise. Now you try to shoot an approach at 90kts and the sensitivity is too low. You'll especially notice it in roll. Mine was rolling back and forth and missing the course till I shut it off and manually controlled it back onto the approach course. I upped the sensitivity and it worked much better. Then back at cruise it was too sensitive. Just my observation, your experience may differ! But I will say I love the Dynon autopilot works, and would never go back to a plane without it.