rvator51

Well Known Member
I am getting ready to install the Dynon AOA probe in my RV-4 and am wondering where most people run the AOA line thru their wings. In front of the spar or behind it?

I ran mine on the forward side of the spar alongside of the pitot line.

I am getting ready to install the Dynon AOA probe in my RV-4 and am wondering where most people run the AOA line thru their wings. In front of the spar or behind it?
I haven't run the lines yet but I've laid out the runs for them - they'll be going in front of the spar so that they don't have to cross the spar in the cockpit to get to the back of the panel. That's where my original pitot line went.

Thanks Guys!

Looks like running the AOA line in front of the spar is the way to go. How did you attach the line to the spar. Did you drill a hole for a fastener and use a pop rivet? I wonder if using RTV to secure the line to the front spar might work without having to drill a hole?

Thanks Guys!

Looks like running the AOA line in front of the spar is the way to go. How did you attach the line to the spar. Did you drill a hole for a fastener and use a pop rivet? I wonder if using RTV to secure the line to the front spar might work without having to drill a hole?

However, if you are using a Skyview system and are mounting the ADHRS in the aft fus. area, a routing behind the spar might make more sense.

Are you using a D-180?