I have a Dynon Flightdeck 180 with a total of 114 hours on it. After about 15 minutes into my flight, it started doing a continual reboot (black screen then blue screen, black screen then blue screen....). I turned around and headed for home and it kept doing it all the way to the hangar. Anyone experience this problem. Thanks in advance.

I have a Dynon Flightdeck 180 with a total of 114 hours on it. After about 15 minutes into my flight, it started doing a continual reboot (black screen then blue screen, black screen then blue screen....). I turned around and headed for home and it kept doing it all the way to the hangar. Anyone experience this problem. Thanks in advance.

By any chance does it have old software and / or an old internal backup battery? I seem to recall a notice about a similar problem several years back involving the charging aspect of the software, but of course there are no guarantees that a) my recollection is correct nor b) that that is the issue.

Your best bet back then was to send the unit back to Dynon for diagnosis; probably still a good idea.

Had 180 in my 9A for 5 years. Never seen that. Dynon equipment, if more than one device installed and bussed together, must all have the same firmware version or inevitable problems will arise.

Regardless, sounds like you need to ground the plane, get a RAN, and get the unit back to dynon.