My understanding is that all the Dynon stuff can intercommunicate. I have a D100 and D120 and they communicate via a two-wire common buss which is very simple to wire (the autopilot and other stuff just gets added onto the same two wire buss). The D100 and D10A are, I believe, the same innards and the only difference is the display. Not sure why you would want them to talk since they have the same info. However, having one as a backup to the other (redundancy) could be useful if you have the panel space and $.

greg

Hummmmmmmm

I was thinking about the 100 as a primary and the 10A as the secondary (copilot side). "Crossfilling" is one of the things I had in mind. If I set up a flight in the 100 I should be able to load the same info into the 10A with a single keystroke. I also wanted to interface with my Garmins.

Check out these threads:
http://dynonavionics.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1209199376/0#0
http://dynonavionics.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1201575823/0#0

Looks like it can be done.

If I were to connect the two EFIS's together, I would plumb in the AS, static, and AOA lines to both. That way if your primary EFIS went Tango Uniform, the secondary one could continue to function. At the same time, I would also install a second remote compass for the D10A for the same reason I would plumb in the air lines.

BTW, I put the D100 EFIS on the left side of my panel and used a D10 EMS (Engine monitor) on the right. The EMS is on the main bus and is powered up during engine start (per Dynon) so I can watch the oil pressure.

As soon as the engine starts, I flip on my avionics master which powers up the D100 and then put the D100 in split screen mode which displays my engine instruments in front of me.

When flying with another pilot (or my wife), the D10 EMS is usually set to the EFIS display. The DSAB is very cool in that all the Dynon equipment shares data through this bus.

Again, check with Dynon for the best way to interconnect two EFIS units.

PS. The Seawind is one of my all time favorite airplanes. I remember buying the info pack at OSH back in the mid-80's and drooling over it for a long time.

hummmmmmm

I have been looking for some time now at efi. I will be going to mecca at the end of the month to finalize my choice...I hope.. Three are in the running, however none do it all. Dynon is real close.

The hangers either side of me have RV's so I decided to check out this site a while ago and found many intelligent conversations that lend great info to all aircraft. My baby...the seawind is a honey, many changes........