logansc

Well Known Member
I'm looking at a display upgrade to my Rocket panel before I "lock down" the final configuration. Unfortunately, I am not very familiar with all the options and don't have a lot of room. I have NO quarrel with glass displays, but I still want to keep my basic round dials. I'm looking at something like a Dynon D-10/D-10A to replace my back-up attitude indicator. I've done a fair amount of searching but have not seen a comprehensive discussion of the differences between the Dynon D-10 and D-10A. Can anyone help---I assume these come up from time to time on the "pre-owned" market? I don't have room for any of the bigger glass if I am to keep my round dials. I have a digital altitude encoder already, so if that is all you get with the 10A, I can't see the value in the 10A for me. I assume there is more to the story...any help please? Any D-10/D-10A's for sale from guys who are "moving up"?

Regards,

Lee...

Lee,

To clarify, the EFIS-D10 is our original EFIS, and is no longer produced, being replaced by the EFIS-D10A.

As a back-up instrument, you probably want the EFIS-D6. This is a newer instrument that is strictly a flight instrument "six-pack". It has none of the extra features that the EFIS-D10A has, which are not needed for a strictly back-up instrument. With the back-up battery, the EFIS-D6 retains the over-two-hour life if your aircraft electrical system were to fail.

Hope that helps.
--
Robert
Dynon Marketing

Thanks for the replies, guys. Actually, I was thinking of shopping for a used D-10 as someone traded up, but only if it has all the things I'm looking for. Just didn't know what the upgrade to a D-10A involved and if it meant a D-10 would be missing something I just "had" to have.

Regards,

Lee...