We are planning to install two 10" EFIS in a 9A but the F745 ribs are in the way unless altered. Have any forum members tackled this problem and be willing to their way of overcoming it?

Dave Wilson

Yep, many of us have simply whacked off those ribs and moved them inboard as necessary.

Either that, or...

...thinning them down. I've seen several where the builder just cut them down to about 1" from top to bottom, eliminating the tapered far end and then beefed them up with a piece of 1/2" angle.

Best,

Tip up or slider

Do you have a tip up or slider? I've got a slider and I'm installing two 10" in a stock panel without modifying the ribs. If you would like more info on how I did it, let me know.

Do you have a tip up or slider? I've got a slider and I'm installing two 10" in a stock panel without modifying the ribs. If you would like more info on how I did it, let me know.

Hi Marc, Ours is a tip up and the ribs will have to be moved or altered to place EFIS in front of the P1/P2 seats. In the UK we have to get any alteration to the original design approved by our regulators so was looking for some design that several othrs had used to help make a case.

Thanks for the offer of more info

David Wilson

I, like many, cut mine rib aft of the sub panel and moved it over to accommodate the Skyview. However, it's one of the mods that I am not happy with. I really should have made another rib that goes from the firewall back. I am a little concerned that the structural element of the rib has been compromised. My panel is still very rigid. And I only cut one of the ribs. I will be adding a 7" to the right side with no modification.

It was easy to hack the aft edge of the rib off. Had I to do it over I'd have put more thought into it.