JVolkober

Well Known Member
I am considering a Dynon combination pitot tube and AOA source. The unit requires a second run of aluminum tubing for the AOA sensor. Suggestions on how to run the second tube? I have areading riveted the wing skeleton together.

John

To run another line of tubing out to the pitot is no big issue........you are not running aluminum tubing I hope. Tygon or something like Safeair1 sells can be fed thru existing snap bushings in your wings or the conduit runs. Some guys will even silicone it into the J channel stiffener along the wing.

Dean 40449

I HAD the safeair kit and would recommend buying the kits from them, if you want the Dynon AOA tube. They include everything AND show you how to do it. Price is fair.

BBBBBUUUUUTTTTT, what I really would recommend is going with the GRT setup instead. Hey just look at my location, OR ASK A GRT OWNER if you want to know why. I believe in supporting local bizznass'z and GRT's get kick-a@$ reviews.

Last edited:
Tygon or aluminum tubing

What is the downside, if any, of using tygon tubing instead of aluminum for the run from the pitot AOA tubes? My sailplane is 15 years old, uses only tygon for the pitot static system and has not problems. Seems tygon should work fine in an RV.