stneki

Well Known Member
Patron
Looking for help with dynamic balancing on my RV7A with 0-360 and fixed pitch.

I only have about 10 hours TT and I am located in western MI. The local FBO in this area do not seem to be to interested on working on experimentals.

Thanks Steve

Yes. I am a member of the local chapter. Part of the problem is I am in my 40 hour test phase and due to Lake MI I am quite restrictive with my travel distance. Does anybody know if I can get a waiver to travel outside my assigned area to get this done?

Or is there anybody who will come to my airport which is 3GM?

Thanks for your help. Steve

Central IL

We have someone in our Chapter that does prop balancing, but it looks like you can't get down here for another 30 hrs or so.

Thank you for the reply. I was hoping to find somebody in my area or outside of my area that can travel. Would of course reimburse for travel expenses and the balancing. Steve

There was a member on this group that had a DynaVibe that he rented out. I paid him, he shipped it out, I balanced my prop and return shipped it. I looked but am unable to come up with his contact info. Maybe someone who owns one could help you out in a similar way.

Thank you for the reply. I was hoping to find somebody in my area or outside of my area that can travel. Would of course reimburse for travel expenses and the balancing. Steve

I travel, but the gas bill is going to be pretty high :D

I'm the guy

I'll rent you mine. Send me an email and we can make arrangements. I'm currently at the NASCAR race in Bristol but I could ship it out Wednesday if you want to rent it. Thanks

What a neat idea! Is it simple enough for the average guy to get good results?

I'll rent you mine. Send me an email and we can make arrangements. I'm currently at the NASCAR race in Bristol but I could ship it out Wednesday if you want to rent it. Thanks

almost everyone can do it

Everyone I've rented it to has been able to get good results. However, I loaned it to a coworker and he didn't listen to my instructions. Consequently he kept adding weight to the wrong side and it kept getting worse. When he finally called me, I reminded him of the instructions and he had it done in a couple of runs.