tikicarver

Well Known Member
Is there a big difference between them?

I have head people say that a dynafocal mount will have less engine vibration transmitted to the airframe. However I'm wondering if it really is all that different from a conical mount.

I have a conical mount that came with the RV-4 project I bought. I have been debating on whether I should keep it or sell it and get a dynafocal mount.
Another issue i haven't researched yet, which mount would give me more engine choices since I don't have an engine yet? I'm looking for a 320.

Find the engine then worry about the mount.

I have been flying my RV behind a conical mount for 11+ years and move than 2,160 hours. I cannot tell the difference flying my airplane with a conical mount from an RV with a dynafocal mount. I have flown in at least 10 other RVs that had dynafocal mounts.

IF the engine is being rebuilt before you fly, there are outfits out there than can convert the conical mount to a dynafocal when you overhaul the engine.

I want to say that most of the older engines will have conical mounts but new conical mount engines are still available.