vansrv8

Well Known Member
F-801L is a backing plate that goes on the front of the firewall on the pre punched fuse kit....where did everyone else find this part?

I do not see it on my inventory list or the bag descriptions. The part must be already fabricated as no callout is given for material...

Please help me before I go insane.... :)

vansrv8 said:
F-801L is a backing plate that goes on the front of the firewall on the pre punched fuse kit....where did everyone else find this part?

I do not see it on my inventory list or the bag descriptions. The part must be already fabricated as no callout is given for material...

Look for 2 of these in hardware Bag 2391.

fuselageassembly28312wq9.jpg

Thanks!!!!!!

It was not on my inventory list or bag list...I had one of the 1st PP fuse kits though....

Vans must hate me.... I looked in the bag and there it was...notice the 'singular tense' :)

I least I have one and can make another patterned from it....

vansrv8 said:
....It was not on my inventory list or bag list...I had one of the 1st PP fuse kits though........
Upon request, Van's will gladly send you an up-to-date hardware list......at least they did for me when we discovered that the list shipped with my kit was out of date. Sending them a self-addressed stamped envelope would probably be a welcomed (and unexpected) gesture. ;)

they come with the wing kit IIRC,look at that pick list if still available, I spent half a day looking for them :D

vansrv8 said:
everyone should know,,, that Ken is insane :)

hey,, I looked for that job info on my work email .... no joy?

Off Mon-Thursday,,,, you?

M

Miss part

I had the same problem. There was one of them in bag 2391, not two. My inventory list had that bag labeled "misc fuselage parts". Vans sent me a new one. I guess the newer ones have the parts in that bag better specified. Anyway, a minor irritation.

Michael Wynn
RV 8 Fuselage
San Ramon,CA