Bob Hoffman

Well Known Member
Can an RV7A main gear fit on a RV6A and if so what would the drawbacks be in doing this? I'm thinking that all this talk about A's nosing over and the normal stance of a 6A is tail down / nose high , whereas the 7A's are more nose slightly down.
I was thinking that with a nose down attitude the instinct to raise the nose up during landing would be greater with the longer 7A mains.
I'm probably all wrong -- so are there any thoughts ??
Bob

Heavier

Bob,
With the nose lower/mains taller, there's more weight on the nose. My -6A only has 245 pounds on the nose, empty. When I get in it, there's less. There were some posts last week that showed a greater percentage of -7A's going over.

Not sure if the bolt holes in the legs would align the gear properly either. Ask Van's.

Regards,

What About This?

Pierre,

Here's a different question (sorry for a partial thread hijack). Would it be possible to take an inch or so off of the main gear of the -7A? Van's has said (I think the message has been posted) that it's mainly a cosmetic issue for the longer gear legs on the -7A. I'm thinking this would take weight of the nosewheel, and provide a more nose-high, tail-low attitude on the ground. Thoughts?

Mike