jcarne

Well Known Member
Patron
This may be a dumb question but how do I edit a thread title after I have started a thread? I have gone to my first post and clicked edit then advanced but changing it there doesn't seem to change it on the 7A page. It pains me dearly to be a millenial and have to ask this... :D

You're on the right track. Edit the original (first) post, go advanced, and edit the title and save. Just tried it on one of my old posts, and it worked as expected....though the "search listing" doesn't reflect the change.

Sounds like you're doing the correct thing, even tho you're a young whipper snapper millenial.

Perhaps the DB needs to update (or the punch card monkeys need to get fed)

Maybe the Texas old boys need to educate us a bit... (yea, that's u DR)

Last edited:
You're on the right track. Edit the original (first) post, go advanced, and edit the title and save. Just tried it on one of my old posts, and it worked as expected....though the "search listing" doesn't reflect the change.

Sounds like you're doing the correct thing, even tho you're a young whipper snapper millenial.

Perhaps the DB needs to update (or the punch card monkeys need to get fed)

Maybe the Texas old boys need to educate us a bit... (yea, that's u DR)

haha too funny. Thanks for the reply. Ya I noticed it changed the title in the post but not the search title which is what I was hoping for. Hmmm...

Changing Thread Title

Yes, you can ask a moderator, and many of us ARE Baby Boomers! ;)

After reading your two similar threads I'm wondering if they should be merged into one thread. That's an option that is not well known in these forums.

Contact me by PM if I can help with the posts.

Last edited:
Yes, you can ask a moderator, and many of us ARE Baby Boomers! ;)

After reading your two similar threads I'm wondering if they should be merged into one thread. That's an option that is not well known in these forums.

Contact me by PM if I can help with the posts.

I'm assuming that you are referring to my build log and the thread on the 7/7A page. I would like to keep these separate as one is just a project update thread which is why I kept that one short. Thanks for letting me know that threads can be merged though.