RickWoodall

Well Known Member
First...what is the grommet for the ignition wires through baffles called? Have to order it, its the figure 8 thing, cant find in wicks, or acs under baffles, grommets or electrical and didnt seem to come in any kit I have. ???? :confused:

Second, the holes in the side of baffles I am told are for socket extensions. We work to seal the baffles and then we leave those wide open? Anyone plug them with something? Seems a rubber grommet type plug that you could pop out would do the trick. Leaving them open seems goofy. :confused:

Anyone mind shedding some light on my headache of day? Thanks.

I searched for the same ignition lead grommet. Nothing! I feel your pain. Post if you find them.

Rick,
They are called Baffle ignition wire seals. The can be found under engines then ignition on AC spruce's web site. If you havent purchased your ignition leads yet most new sets come with them, however spruce does sell them separatly.
Ryan

Thanks

Engine baffle ignition wire seals PAGE 280 on ACS for $4.35 each. Funny, buy the baffle kit, buy the firewall forward kit, buy the engine, buy the electronic ignition upgrade etc and everyone cheaps out and now I have to pay $10 to ship $5 in parts. Thats dumb.

Oh well, now about those holes in the side for spark plug access. Fill them with something or leave open??

Here you go....The pics on the ACS website are wierd but this is what you get:

34sm2s3.jpg

Again Bob and Brantel to the rescue. If you guys are available can you come and finish my plane!

I only know about em cuz I had to ask when I was looking for em and someone came to the rescue!!!

The RV community is great!

Second, the holes in the side of baffles I am told are for socket extensions. We work to seal the baffles and then we leave those wide open? Anyone plug them with something? Seems a rubber grommet type plug that you could pop out would do the trick. Leaving them open seems goofy. :confused:
You are right Rick. Leaving those holes open would be goofy. The answer to your question is clearly described in baffle drawing OP40-11.

16k2j5g.jpg

Thanks

Thanks all.
Rick we did read the instructions, haha, really. :)
Now...we have it figured out. Its like an easter egg hunt finding the hiding parts. If they said, flat head screw, lock nut and tinnerman washer each side now that would be great. Figuring out what is what seems to always be a struggle. Further putting the washers nuts and screws in the same bag would have been helpful.

I love reading Bob Collins letters from flyover posts. I feel EXACTLY like him so many days. Just one hold up after another.

Build on, crisis over. Keep smiling.

Thanks.