ccsmith51

Well Known Member
I have a couple of Duckworks light kits to install in the wings of my RV-4. I have the instructions and templates. Does anyone have a web site where they documented the installation of the light kit in a finished wing? If so I'd like to review it before I start cutting holes in my LE.

Thanks,

I have a couple of Duckworks light kits to install in the wings of my RV-4. I have the instructions and templates. Does anyone have a web site where they documented the installation of the light kit in a finished wing? If so I'd like to review it before I start cutting holes in my LE.

Thanks,

There are many of them.........

Off the top of my head, Tim Olson's site (myrv10.com) and Deems Davis (deemsrv10.com) are two. Both of these are RV-10s, but I believe the process is identify on all the RV models.

Trust me, if I can do it, anyone can.

bob

Just do it.

Believe me, drilling that first hole is scary. :eek: But the process was really not a big deal. Get the template postioned as instructed and tape it down, run the sharpie around the hole, but leave the template on for redundancy. ;) Drill some corner holes and cut it out. I left a pretty good margin, probably more than required, but felt that a little extra filing and sanding was worthy the safety margin. Pretty anti-climatic by the time it was all over.