jsherblon

Well Known Member
Anyone have suggestions, ideas, or "don't do this" for painting the interior of the landing light bays?

I painted the inside of the skin with high-temperature white paint, and the mounting brackets with high-temp gray. I used Duplicolor brand from AutoZone. The lights are so bright by themselves, it's hard to tell if the white-painted bay will add to the light output, but at least it looks good, IMHO.

Here's a picture showing how far back I painted the bay:

http://www.mykitlog.com/users/displ...44&project=255&category=2156&log=23760&row=15

I didn't encounter any issues with the painting process, and the Duckworks kit is really slick.

Have fun with it.

Buck Wyndham
RV-8 N18XL (reserved)
Hanging the flaps...

I painted just the ribs...left the inner skin and mounting face shiny alclad.

I used the chrome finish stuff from Aircraft Depot (good to 200 degrees), but wish I would have just used "primer grey". No biggie, once it's all together, you really have to want to see the ribs to get a look at them through the lense

Good luck--

Joe

My advice: Don't paint it. Its a waste of time since you can't see in there anyway 99% of the time. Spend your time on something else.

If you want to paint the bays, fine, but it is not necessary. The reflector is built in.