jmitchell

Well Known Member
I had a great experience with Duckworks recently.

I was installing one of their 100W landing light kits (LL-DW-02 RV-4/6/7/8) for my RV8 and when cutting the lens to size; I decided to save time by cutting about ¾” from one side, instead of about 3/8” off from EACH side, leaving the factory edge on the left edge. (I’m not sure why I did it this way on this one, I installed the same kit on the other wing many months ago and I trimmed off material on both edges).

Anyway, when I checked how the lens interfaced with the inside of my wings leading edge I noticed there was a bit of a lip on the factory edge which prevented a tight fit.

The lip would have been trimmed away but the rivet holes were already drilled and would no longer line up if the lens was put back in its proper position.

I called Duckworks and explained the situation and they shipped me TWO (I only asked for one) new lenses free of charge!

Great service… thanks Duckworks!

http://duckworksav.com/index.html

I have to agree that Duckworks has some outstanding customer service. I lost one of the countersunk stainless screws from my kit and couldn't find a matching one at the local home improvement....err....airplane hardware store.

I called Duckworks asking if I could purchase a couple and was told no, but they would send some free of charge. WAY above and beyond!