jferraro17

Opulence, I has it...
Does anyone have any info on the temp. a Duckworks light reaches while in use? For the various bulbs?

I am using a primer that is flat grey, and would like to paint the light bays with a "chrome" spray paint. The can says not to use it in applications that exceed 200 degrees. Seems pretty high, but want to check to make sure.

I'm installing the rectangular Duckworks, and will probably go with the 100 watt bulbs.

Thanks for any insight--

Joe

I am using a primer that is flat grey, and would like to paint the light bays with a "chrome" spray paint.

Why not just leave the area surrounding the light that it "sees" unprimed? The alclad aluminum makes a wonderful reflector.

Can't help you with the heat question but can tell you that I haven't seen any issues with the exterior paint around the Duckworks on my RV-6 in nearly 800 hrs of flight.

Thanks Sam.

The ribs are alreaady primed, but the inner skin surface is not; so I'm just thinking of "solutions"...if I even have a problem. :)

Good info on the paint around the light. Like I said, the paint I bought is good to 200 degrees. I can't imagine the lights getting THAT hot; water boils at what, 212?

Joe

Metal Tape

Get some of that metal tape that the heat and air guys use to seal ductwork.
Stick it on the parts you want to be reflective.