WingsOnWheels

Well Known Member
I just received the word from Vans that the LL-DW-01 landing light kit from duckworks has been discontinued. The other kits are still available, but if you were planning on installing the 55watt kit (or two 55w lights in my case) then you are SOL.

It's fairly easy to fabricate your own. Simply find some 55w fog lamps you like at your local auto parts store and fabricate your own mount. I purchased the plexi- leading edge lenses from Van's but fabricated everything else after looking at someone else's installation. Both leading edge lights installed for about 90 bucks total!

My plan was to use their mounting assembly with my own bulbs. Since the least expensive kit is not available any more, I'll just go ahead and make my own now. Heck, I'll even make my own lenses, I already did a test with some scrap lexan and it was pretty easy to heat and form over the leading edge.

My plan was to use their mounting assembly with my own bulbs. Since the least expensive kit is not available any more, I'll just go ahead and make my own now. Heck, I'll even make my own lenses, I already did a test with some scrap lexan and it was pretty easy to heat and form over the leading edge.

When Mike Seager was looking over Louise's -6 (The one he built as Kit #4 19 years ago), he told me that was exactly how he did the landing lights - no kit, he just fabbed the mounts, heated the plex and formed it over the leading edge!

I just received the word from Vans that the LL-DW-01 landing light kit from duckworks has been discontinued. The other kits are still available, but if you were planning on installing the 55watt kit (or two 55w lights in my case) then you are SOL.

Maybe, maybe not. Duckworks previously allowed Van's an exclusive on the 55w kit, and did not sell it directly. If Van's has chosen to discontinue it, Duckworks may be willing to now sell it direct. I'd give them a call before declaring yourself SOL. 503-310-5946 Good luck!

and hit ebay for cheap HID lights... you should be able to get a set for under $60 now..

What happened to the 100W Duckworth lights?

That's what I have in my RV.

Anyway, my desire is to replace the 100W lights with LEDs in a few years when the price / performance gets where I want it.

I sent an e-mail to Duckworks already, but their site still had Vans listed as the supplier.

I 2nd the Ebay HID kit, that is what I had planned. I may just go with wingtip lights now since I'm ready to close-out the wing this week and don't want to have this light hold things up.

Ok, just checked my e-mail and the kit has not been discontinued. The 55watt kit is available directly from Duckworks, but ordering is not yet enabled on their website. Contact them directly if you need one.

I've got 2 brand new in the box untouched LL-DW-01 kits that I will sell for $135 shipped. If you want them just PM me.