Av8torTom

Well Known Member
Trying to get them in a row. Looks like this Friday will he in the 70ies and should be cool enough to seal my tank. As for the vent line - there's not much detail on the drawings/plans. In particular where it exits the inboard rib. I can guess from looking at drawing 12, but does anyone have a dimension as to exactly where the vent line exits... or is it just not that important?

Thanks,

Tom

I don't recall how I decided on the exact location of the fuel vent line at this time but there is a "clip" you will make that is riveted to the inside of the fuel cap and so there MUST BE A PRECISE LOCATION TO DRILL THE VENT LINE...! (Through the tooling hole?) I know that's not helpful but I'll review my log to see if I can be of assistance. If you're planning fuel injection, it would be advisable to install (at this time) a fuel return line that extends into the second or third bay. (So that warm "return fuel" is not dumped into the bay with the fuel pick-up.)

I think Tom is asking if there's a precise location on the inboard end rib where the vent pass-through fitting is to be located. The answer as far as I can tell is to drill at a location approximating something that looks like the drawing. The location is not critical, as your vent line is made out of the same soft tubing and will be custom fit to your arrangement when that time comes.

scale it

I scaled it off of the drawing, which is half scale. The manual does say "approximate". I dont remember the distances but just scale it and it should work well. happy flying

bird

I didn't find an exact location either

Tom - I faced the same dilemma too when placing the vent line pass thru at the tank root rib. Guesstimated the location using the fitting nut to assure clearance from the rib stiffening embossing and drilled a 7/16" hole as I remember. Hope this helps....: )