Denase

:confused:Does anyone have experience with the Duc Swirl propeller. Looks like a light weight prop, that claims almost constant speed in a ground adjustable propeller.

No personal experience myself, but if I'm not mistaken they are French props made for LSA/Ultralight type applications of lower horsepower....meaning they probably wouldn't fair well at all with our big bore Lycos. Kind of like Warp Drive or Ivoprop on 320 or 360.

What are you planning to install it on?

Cheers,
Stein

Well I hope to be building an RV9A but I have not pulled the trigger yet. But I do spend alot of time on the net looking, and reading. The kit is just the beginning seems like. The options are so diverse, I hope to have a road map when I get started.:eek:

Anwser from the representative

Yes I do have some information about them. They are a copy of Warp Drive, just more expensive.
So far 26% of new products generate an after sale issue of which 22% have to be exchanged under warranty because of manufacturing flaws. Now the manufacturer doesn't even bother answering his clients' claims so they are stuck with faulty equipment and aircraft is grounded. We've been fighting for months just to get some blades exchanged for some of our customers. DUC never takes responsibility for the poor quality of the product and it's always endless arguing even when it is obvious to everyone that the propeller can't be installed and when this is backed up by licensed engineers. We have some customers who are considering taking DUC to court, while other are aircraft importers and will be lobbying the aircraft manufacturer to change their propeller suppliers as their customer service is disgraceful.
But the most worrying issue is that many propellers have been reported to break in flight or at least have delaminating problems, and the manufacturer doesn't do anything about it. Most occurrences have been reported on Jabiru engines, leading the manufacturer to stop selling 2 blade props for Jabiru and only 3 blade props so as to lower the power input on each blade. However this information has never been publicly released meaning that many pilots are still flying with a 2 blade prop on their Jabiru not knowing that it could break at any time. We have a case of the leading edge delaminating after just 15 months of use on a Fly Synthesis Texan with Rotax 912S.
The structural warranty is 6 months as in the manufacturer's terms of trade available here: http://www.love4aviation.com/Equipment/Propellers/Manufacturer/DUCs+Terms+of+Trade.html. These are the official terms of trade as they were provided to us.
The lifetime of the propeller is 600 Hours on a Jabiru and 800 hours on a Rotax 4 stroke, after that, based on the feedback we receive from our customers all over the world, the propeller should be dumped as delaminating problems will start occurring.

Last edited: