moosepileit

Well Known Member
I bought a DualGPS170 at Oshkosh 2014 for $479.

It charges from a startech 4 port USB 2.0 hub powered by the main bus, per the Dynon and GRT Forums. 2.0 may only push 500mA, but it has worked fine. The hub is needed because the GRT USB Jack is not meant to charge any items plugged into it. The hub also holds the USB data stick for the EFIS.

The main data feed, USB B, the square Jack of the hub, goes to my GRT EFIS to feed GPS and FIS/TIS to the EFIS. The DualGPS170 will also Bluetooth to 2 of many types of device at the same time.

The symptom is the white LED for the ADSB stream stops flickering and the Map of the GRT says ADS-B-0. It originally "reset" to working by unplugging the mini USB plug on the Dual unit while powered up, so it does not seem to be a reception issue with either the external or supplied antenna or the BNC adapter connection.

Twice, the ADSB-IN has stopped streaming,the repair they did in Jan for free only lasted one flight. The 170 series Rep, "Ian", has been easy to email with. They are replacing the unit, out of 1 year warranty, free.

I asked if anything on my install is the cause, they did not say.

So, a plug, and maybe a post that will help someone.

Last edited:
I wish they had been that cooperative with me. My 170 was never stable, and finally their support asked which antenna I was using, well the one that came with it I said. That was the problem they said, they had an upgraded antenna for sale that worked much better, so if I would buy that antenna my problems would go away. I bought it and it worked, but if the original was a bad design it seems to me like I should not have had to buy the replacement. At least it is working well now.