bobmarkert

Well Known Member
I failed to get any hits searching "dual seatbelts".

Has anyone installed dual seatbelts in a RV? Specifically an RV8. Pictures appreciated.

Thanks
Bob Markert
Slow build fuselage arrives tomorrow (7/17/2012)

Hmmm?

Not familiar with the term "dual-seatbelt". If your question is simply "have people installed hooker harnesses?". Then the answer is yes. 4 and 5 point in hundreds of Rv's. Another mfg. of these now is Crow. I think you can buy hooker right out of vans catalog. Search for threads on hooker or crow.

Ahhhh the limitations of the written word when not being careful.... There are hundreds of RVs flying with Hooker harnesses, but few with two seatbelts and a ratchet system. Im looking for an installation with two separate anchor points and two seatbelts....... one belt which has a built in ratchet (like a tie down strap) to pull you tight into the seat. I have since found this thread (I love VAF) which is very close to what I want to do. I will go one step further and have two totally independent anchor systems.

Any IAC guys out there that has a good pic to show the generic concept and help me out with the explanation?

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=5793

I'll post pics after I noodle through the installation and get it installed in my plane.

Thanks
Bob Markert

Last edited:
On my Bucker, the primary harness is attached to the fuselage structure while the lap belt (safety belt) is attached to the seat. Since RV seat bottoms are just a pan, if you want independant attach points, you will have to engineer something similar to the primary attach point.

I consider the lap belt to be there in case I have a primary belt failure or disconnect. I would not be concerned about a structural attach point failure and would imagine that to be extremely rare.

So, if it was me, I would do what some of the others did in the post you attached and modify the primary attach point to allow for the lap belt to be added.

I'm still looking for a reasonably priced ratcheting seat belt to supplement my Hooker harness. Anybody find one?

Any updates?

Hi Bob,

Any updates on what you finally decided?

It'll be good info for the future in case you found a reasonable solution...