mashy

Has anyone installed dual heat muffs on the rv8? I live in canada and would like 2 heat muffs as it is cold here! I would like to run them in series if possilble? Some pictures of your install would be great.
thanks
[email protected]

dual heat muffs

Scott:

I just purchased a Vetterman exhaust system with dual mufflers/heat muffs.

I plan to put two heater control boxes on the firewall. Location and type of heater box is tbd.

I will most likely place one box on the right hand side and run a scat tube through the lower baggage area with an eyeball vent on the upper aft side of the baggage wall.

The second box will be somewhere in the center of the firewall.

I am waiting for my engine to be delivered (soon I hope) and hung before I select the final locations.

What are you planning?

-Mike Draper
RV-8 finish

I am building rear seat heat in too. I made aileron and elevator push tube boots to seal off the center tunnel and will pump heat in around the front stick. I will use a boot at the front also. Not cutting the web.

I live in Wisconsin. You will need dual heat muffs for cabin heat. Also, some insulation also helps stop cold infiltration.
Dick Martin
RV8 N233M
1400 hours

I had Rick Robbins make me up two muffs so that the inlet to one pointed to the outlet of the other.
Engine99.jpg
Engine100.jpg

They are connected in series and all you need is one heat box. The benefit here is that you get the cumulative heat from both. Having two muffs and two heat boxes will not result in more heat unfortunately. They both will run out of heat transfer ability at about an OAT of 10 dF. My setup provides more heat than I need and I've flown in down to -10 dF comfortably.