jte65

Well Known Member
Was on Van's website homepage and noted the Dynon dual display option is now available. Had not seen it on the forums yet so I presume it just showed up today. Price is $2350.

Me too

I'll have a SkyView also. Not concerned about the 'wow' factor of a dual set up at all. Hope that Stein will come up with a wiring harness that will make it easy to hook up a SkyView. Plug and play would be good.

It's going to be interesting to watch Dynon develop the SkyView to its full potential. I can't wait.:cool:

Installing Dual Display...

Now, I can tell a lot of you guys are less than enthusiastic about the dual display, but I really like it and have had an order in since day 1. It finally came, the 1 to 2 week lead time originally posted turned out to be 6 weeks, but that's OK, I still had a lot of other stuff to do on the powerplant and cowling. Anyway, it is an easy install maybe 10 hours of work at the most.
Click the image for more pictures:
[url=http://tonytessitore.smugmug.com/RV-12-Project-N577RV/Dual-Display-Option/11492924_KA4qt#809891712_EjpQD-A-LB][/URL]

As for SkyView, yes it looks great and during the year or two for that to become sorted out for the RV-12, I plan to enjoy the Dual Display setup and then maybe take advantage of the Dynon trade-in for a dual SkyView upgrade. But maybe not, I don't think that the 7" Skyview fits in the D100 series trays.

Even with all these RV-12 options and paint you are half the cost of a comparable factory LSA that probably won't be as much fun.

Tony

Last edited: