BigT

I'm New Here
I've been working on an RV7A for the past 2 years....IO-360 with Precission Aeromotives Eagle system and GRT EIS/EFIS. Each system requires the use of CHT probes, 2 for the Eagle and 4 for the GRT. Any Ideas for using the CHT probe adaptor for 2 CHT probes? I would prefer not to use the spark plug gasket type CHT if possable. There must be a way of using one CHT adaptor for two CHT probes.......Thanks Terry

You can use the dual CHT probe that is generally used with Unison Lasar Ignition systems. Cost a little over $100.00 a piece.

I talked to Unison and there probes are not the same....they will not read the information and send it to the Eagle system, different type of language
Thanks , terry

Would something like this...

...work for you?

It's a second probe that fits in the screw in adapter for the regular CHT probe. They are made for certified planes to allow a non-TSO'd 4/6 channel CHT monitor to be used without changing the location of the airframe required existing single CHT probe

You would need to check that they are the the correct type and grounded/ungrounded, but several of the CHT/EGT monitor manufacturers make similar items, one should work.

2855.jpg

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/inpages/gem5.php

CHT Probes

Thanks Gil, I overlooked this item in Aircraft Spruce...I'll do some research and check it out. Thanks again, Terry