AltonD

Well Known Member
Can anyone tell me where DR got this? Is it a kit or was it fabricated. I want one. I am real close to riveting the forward skin and would love to add this beforehand.

IMG_6706.JPG

IMG_6705.JPG

Thanks, and congrats on the build. I am right behind you and should be getting the inspection in ~4 weeks.

wait!

you are about ready to rivet the top skin on, .....and you think you will be getting inspection in 4 weeks? Wow! I think from the time I riveted the front top skin on until inspection was just about a year.

The forward top skin will be the very last thing I do. After that, all that will be left is the inspection. I really hate standing on my head to do things behind the panel.

That's exactly how I did it. Forward front skin went on about three weeks ahead of my inspection.

Thanks Alton!

Another option for rudder trim

An even easier way to make a rudder trim is to put a spring on the right rudder pedal where it attaches to the rudder cable. (Make a longer attach plate with a hole in the front or what ever method you want.)
Attach that to a small vernier cable to adjust it from the panel or other location. It applies pressure to the right rudder pedal just like you would with your foot. Very simple and pretty cheap.
You should never need to trim to the left. (Unless you use a Volkswagen engine!!!)

Rudder trim

I am meeting with Steve from Shunkworks on Friday to install his system. Simple and inexpensive. If it works it solves my trim issues.